EducationGraduated from Brookstone High School and in May I graduated from The University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). I am pre-optometry and I am working at a practice in Atlanta, Georgia. I recently come back to Columbus and tutor students!
Experience- tutored many children before ranging from 5-17 years old.
- taken many SAT classes to know what to expect and how to approach problems
- I enjoy teaching kids and teenagers. I was a troubled child who did not understand concepts well and after having a great tutor, I found the passion for learning after being provided such a great tutor and I want to instill that passion in others of my generation.
-I have taken AP Calculus AB, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Literature, AP Human Geography, and have done well in all of them.
- Taught servant leadership and how to be "team green" to high schoolers in Virginia, Liberia (West Africa)
- Took a learning to learn class which gave me the insight on how people learn and ways to manage stress and how to gear our attention and focus into studying
- Took a seminar "Learn your brain" which taught me even more about how my brain works, how to interconnect the hemispheres and use the most of my brain capacity
-taught a first grade science class twice a week at Winterville Elementary School part of the FOCUS (fostering our community's understanding of science) program at UGA.
-I have high patience; I love seeing how people learn and how I can teach them based on the WAY they learn--are they auditory learners, fiscal learners. We all learn in different ways, let's see how to efficiently educate ourselves.
- I believe school provides us with basic trainings in time management, stress, and curveballs that life will hand us without a due date. Hence, I will try to instill the thoughts and desire of learnings I have in your child.
HobbiesI enjoy volunteering and traveling to do missionary work. I have gone to Liberia and done some most recently and plan on going to Mexico later this summer to help children at an orphanage.
I have a passion for helping children and am in a service sorority. I think I am very optimistic and whenever a person doesn't understand a concept, I try other ways of approaching the problem, knowing we all do not think the same way.
- I enjoy volunteering at Boys and Girls club with my sorority sisters
- I am now the President of my sorority and though it is tough managing school, sorority, other service organizations, family, friends, and sleep, I have learned to prioritize.
algebra 1, algebra 2, calculus, , SAT Math, chemistry, biology, , Kindergarten - 12th Grade, Organization, Writing, Study Skills, Social Studies, Psychology, Geography, Computer Skills, SAT After attending University of Georgia for 3.5 years already, I can tutor in Biology I, Biology II, Physics 1, Physics 2, and basic Biochemistry. I also teach a first grade science class for one of my upper level science classes and i would love to ignite your child's desire for learning science and other educational topics, overall.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.